Many people who owns the iPhone sometimes think that they are not getting what they paid for because Apple is too restrictive when it comes to their devices. And some people may want to have more control over their devices or simply wanting to become a rebel and go against the dictate of corporate giants on what they can and cannot do to their personal mobile device.
However, there is a reason why Apple is very restrictive when it comes to regulating developers using their platform. Taking aesthetics aside, the main reason why Apple is so strict when it comes to App regulation is security.
So, you might not be able to download that app that you really want, but at least you know your phone and your personal data is safe.
Here are 5 reasons why you should rethink about jailbreaking your iPhone.
1. Just like what I’ve said above, Apple places restrictions to protect their platform and their customers. Since they are the one who made the platform, I ‘m pretty sure they know what the capability of the devices they’re selling. Many people wanted the ability to multitask ever since the first generation of iPhone came out, but apple didn’t implement it because it will just drain the battery faster.
2. Jailbreaking your iPhone every time there’s a new iOS update. Apple is very smart. They have an army of top caliber developers and software engineers working for them.
Think of it this way, Apple is like a Borg collective, if it’s hit by a phaser fire, it adapts.
Individuals who have done a jailbreak on their device have to jailbreak their phone again when Apple release an update. Sometimes, they have to wait for a long time until hackers can figure out a way on how to crack Apple’s code so they can jailbreak their device again.
3. Your device will be prone to malware. Google’s Market Place has taken a recent hit lately when Symantec discovers more app malware.
Symantec found the version of the tool containing suspicious code on an unregulated third-party Chinese marketplace.
I have nothing against Google being open, but because of this open environment and the lack of restrictions and regulations in place, even their security app has been infected by a malware. Google is fighting a tough fight, and at this point, no one knows if they are going to win the war against malwares.
Regulation and restrictions keeps Apple’s App Store safe from viruses and malwares.
4. Once you jailbreak your device, you void your warranty. Apple employees knows how to detect whether a device has been modified or not. When they find out that your iPhone has been jailbroken or has been modified in any way, you won’t be able to ask them to fix it even if you just bought the device a couple of days back.
5. You might kill your phone in the process. When a device is bricked, it means that device will completely stop working and the company won’t be able to help you fix it because you performed a procedure on your device that violates their TOS.
There are many ways on how to jailbreak you iPhone today. You can even find some jailbreaking software online that will let your jailbreak your device with a single mouse click. But the question that you should ask yourself before proceeding is, is it really worth the risk?