The large and crisp screen of the iPad is particularly good when working with social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and more.
You will find below a selection of the best Twitter apps that are currently available on iTunes that you can use to update your Twitter via iPad.
1. TweetDeck for iPad
Whether it be on a desktop, smartphone, or the iPad, Tweetdeck is perhaps the most popular Twitter client on the the web. A lot of tweeps fell in love with its multiple column display because it presents your mentions, direct messages, and tweets all in a single screen. Tweetdeck for iPad has been optimized by its developers to work well with the large screen of the iPad.
TweetDeck for iPad is packed with functionality including:
- Multiple columns
- Multiple twitter accounts
- Reply, retweet, direct message and favorite from a tweet
- View user profiles
- See recent updates and who a person is following and being - followed by
- Follow or unfollow and block or unblock a user
- Add All Friends, Mentions and DM columns
- Add Search columns
- Add Trending Topic columns
- Add Twitter list columns - both lists you've created and those you follow
- Aross post updates to any combination of your accounts
- Geotag your tweets
- Shorten URLs
- Access your Twitter contact list
- Upload photos (from the on-board iPhoto library)
- Rearrange columns however you like and delete those you no longer need
- View geocoded tweets on a full-screen map
2. Twitterrific for iPad
Twitterriffic is a very versatile Twitter app for iPhone. This new version was exclusively modified to for the iPad. Although it’s not as configurable as other Twitter apps for the iPad, it handles standard Twitter functions, such as:
- Display for replies, direct messages, RT's, mentions
- Follow, unfollow, block users
- Twitter searches
- Filter timeline
- Link shortening
Twitterriffic is available at the iTunes store in both free and PRO version. The pro version will cost you for about $4.99 and it will also give you the ability to manage multiple accounts and remove ads from your timeline.
3. Osfoora for iPad
The elegant interface of Osfoora makes it great for the iPad. The app is not free, so you have to shell out some cash before you can enjoy this wonderful app in your device.
The app will cost you $3.99 and it includes the following features:
- Support for multiple Twitter accounts.
- Home screen menu for ease of navigation (see screenshot below).
- Landscape mode support.
- Advanced attachment manager for adding multiple photos and videos to a single tweet.
- Save tweets as drafts.
- Support for both old- and new-style retweets.
- Customize Twitter profile settings within the app.
- Detailed user profile view.
- Manage lists within the app
4. Twittelator of iPad
This attractive Twitter application is perhaps the most beautiful app in the Apple app store. The visually rich user interface of Twittelator will make your Twitter experience enjoyable. However, its beauty comes with a price. You have to be willing to pay $4.99 to enjoy this app on your iPad.
These are some of the features of Twittelator:
- Images inline in your friends' tweets feed
- Messages presented in a chat-view
- Customizable wallpapers
- Discovery of nearby Twitter users
- Multiple account support
- Post photos and audio
- Automatically split up of long tweets to allow messages longer than 140 characters
5. TweetBrowser for iPad
Every wonder what it’s like to browse the web without ever leaving your twitter dashboard? Well, TweetBrowser is an app that let’s your browse your favorite contents of the web without leaving your Twitter timeline. The screen is smartly divided in two columns, one column displays your Twitter feed while the other, a web browser. This app, which is available on the Apple app store will cost your $1.99. It has standard Twitter functionality, while the web browser lets your maintain bookmarks or review your browser history.