People often find it difficult to believe that sardines has a lot of beneficial effect to our body because it is cheap, canned, and available everywhere.
However, studies shows that eating sardines can be beneficial to your skin, heart, joints, and might also help you prevent Alzheimers and Eczema.
Here are some reasons why you should include sardines in your diet:
1. Omega 3 fatty acids: Sardines contains large amounts of omega 3 fatty acids. This fatty acid is essential for human health but the body can’t make them – you have to get them by eating meat and fish. Omega 3 helps prevent certain types of cancer and cardiovascular diseases. It also improves immune function, brain health, and it is an effective anti-inflammatory.
2. Selenium: Selenium is a powerful anti-oxidant. Some studies have linked selenium intake to lower the risk of certain types of cancer in the human body.
3. Coenzyme Q10: Sardines contains a decent amount of Coenzyme Q10, a powerful anti-oxidant that help strengthen one’s immune system. This oil-soluble substance also helps prevent heart failure, migraine, cancer, and cardiac arrest. It can also improve your blood pressure, increase your lifespan, and faster recovery from radiation injury.
4. Vitamin D: Sardines are one of the few foods that contains Vitamin D. Vitamin D insufficiency can result in thin, brittle, or misshapen bones, while sufficiency prevents rickets in children and osteomalacia in adults, and, together with calcium, helps to protect older adults from osteoporosis. It also helps the body to absorb calcium in other foods.
5. Calcium: The calcium contained in sardines are good for your bones. It prevents fractures due to osteoporosis, and it has a possible anti-cancer properties..